Cranberry-Port Fudge Brownies Recipe
"These fudgy brownies are my friend, Krysta's, favorite!" The port wine adds a sophisticated flavor to this decadent dessert. Kelly Heft, Somersville, MA
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling YIELD:16 servings
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup tawny port wine
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Stir in flour and salt just until blended.
- 2. In a another small saucepan, combine cranberries and wine. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook until liquid is reduced to a thin syrupy consistency (about 3 minutes). Stir into batter.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 16 servings.
1 brownie equals 212 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC