Cranberry Pork Tenderloin
In Melbourne, Florida, Betty Helton relies on a can of cranberry sauce to create the sweet sauce for this tender pork entree. She adds orange juice and ground cloves to the mixture to season it nicely as it simmers.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 5-1/4 hours
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Place pork in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the
- cranberry sauce, orange juice, sugars, mustard and cloves; pour over
- pork. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove pork and keep warm. Combine cornstarch and cold water until
- smooth; gradually stir into cranberry mixture. Cover and cook on
- high for 15 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 3 ounces cooked pork equals 388 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 71 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a