Cranberry Pork Skillet Recipe
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 medium apples, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 to 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1. In a bowl, toss lime juice with apples; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, brown pork in 1 tablespoon oil. Remove and keep warm. Saute jalapenos, onion and garlic in remaining oil until tender. Add the cranberries, water chestnuts, apple juice, brown sugar, cumin, lime peel, salt, pepper and apples. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- 2. Return pork to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and cook until fruit is tender and meat juices run clear. Garnish with green onion. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 303 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 262mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cranberry Pork Skillet
"I wasn't expecting this recipe to taste as good as it did! We used plain boneless pork chops instead of pork tenderloin and left out the water chestnuts. Really yummy!~ Theresa"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer