- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 medium apples, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 to 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- In a bowl, toss lime juice with apples; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, brown pork in 1 tablespoon oil. Remove and keep warm. Saute jalapenos, onion and garlic in remaining oil until tender. Add the cranberries, water chestnuts, apple juice, brown sugar, cumin, lime peel, salt, pepper and apples. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Return pork to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and cook until fruit is tender and meat juices run clear. Garnish with green onion. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Cranberry Pork Skillet
Sort By :
I wasn't expecting this recipe to taste as good as it did! We used plain boneless pork chops instead of pork tenderloin and left out the water chestnuts. Really yummy!