- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (2-1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Salt to taste
- Place pork roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mash cranberry sauce; stir in the sugar, cranberry juice, mustard and cloves. Pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast and keep warm. Skim fat from juices. Pour into a 2-cup measuring cup; add water if necessary to measure 2 cups. Pour into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Season with salt. Serve with sliced pork. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cranberry Pork Roast
"Delicious and easy."
"This is absolutely the best Thanksgiving pork roast ever! Perfect for the holidays!"
"excellant !!!!!!! Everyone I have served it to loves it. The gravy is delicious.I had all the ingredients on hand and have made it many times to everyone's delight."
"Smells heavenly while cooking."
"Very good and easy but you do have to plan ahead because these are not ingredients that people will have on hand."
"I made this recipe when it first came out in Taste of Home in 1994 and made it for years. I lost the recipe and I am very happy to find it again. It was a favorite with all that tried it."
"Have made similar recipe many times using Oj instead of cranberry juice, no sugar, and cinnamon as spice. I never found it necessary to thicken sauce. Also added chopped onion and mushrooms."
"This was excellent. The meat was tender and had lots of flavor. The sauce/gravy was really tasty."
"So quick and I usually have these ingredients on hand. The pork was moist and full of flavor! I cannot count how many times I have made this, but it was an instant favorite!"
"This was absolutely delicious, the sauce was super on mashed potatoes. Have already made it again, hubby loves it."