Cranberry Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (2-1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Salt to taste
- 1. Place pork roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mash cranberry sauce; stir in the sugar, cranberry juice, mustard and cloves. Pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove roast and keep warm. Skim fat from juices. Pour into a 2-cup measuring cup; add water if necessary to measure 2 cups. Pour into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Season with salt. Serve with sliced pork. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (8 ounces) equals 429 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 71 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.