Cranberry Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (2-1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Salt to taste
- Place pork roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mash cranberry sauce; stir in the sugar, cranberry juice, mustard and cloves. Pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast and keep warm. Skim fat from juices. Pour into a 2-cup measuring cup; add water if necessary to measure 2 cups. Pour into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Season with salt. Serve with sliced pork. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cranberry Pork Roast(6)
Sort By :
Very good and easy but you do have to plan ahead because these are not ingredients that people will have on hand.
I made this recipe when it first came out in Taste of Home in 1994 and made it for years. I lost the recipe and I am very happy to find it again. It was a favorite with all that tried it.
Have made similar recipe many times using Oj instead of cranberry juice, no sugar, and cinnamon as spice. I never found it necessary to thicken sauce. Also added chopped onion and mushrooms.
This was excellent. The meat was tender and had lots of flavor. The sauce/gravy was really tasty.
So quick and I usually have these ingredients on hand. The pork was moist and full of flavor! I cannot count how many times I have made this, but it was an instant favorite!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Roast Recipes >
- Pork Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Roast Recipes >