Cranberry Pork Medallions Recipe
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Additional cranberries and fresh rosemary, optional
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, brown pork in oil for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute the onion, garlic and sugar until onion is caramelized and tender. Stir in the apple juice, cranberry juice, cranberries, mustard and rosemary. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half.
- 3. Return pork to pan; heat through. Sprinkle with additional cranberries and rosemary if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
1 serving (1/3 each) equals 425 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 149 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer