Cranberry Pork Chops
"My husband and two kids rave over these moist chops," reports Robin Czachor of Appleton, Wisconsin. "Use the mild sweet-and-sour sauce to make a gravy that can be served over mashed potatoes or rice," she suggests. "Then add a salad and you have a very satisfying meal that didn't keep you in the kitchen for hours."
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup cranberry or apple juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Place pork chops in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the
- cranberry sauce, juice, sugar and mustard until smooth; pour over
- chops. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove chops; keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth;
- gradually stir in cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for
- 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in salt and pepper. Serve with
- chops. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011
. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now