Cranberry Pork Chops with Rice Recipe
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- CRANBERRY RICE:
- 1-3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, seasoned salt and pepper. Add pork chops, one at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, cook pork in oil over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. In a small bowl, combine cranberry sauce and vinegar; pour over chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add rice and cranberries. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes or until broth is absorbed. Serve pork chops with sauce and rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cranberry Pork Chops with Rice(9)
Sort By :
I made this for supper tonight , it was quick and easy to make but I didn't care much for the flavor. (or lack of flavor maybe)
I prefer the Easy Cranberry Chicken recipe that is also on this web site. It takes a bit more time and effort to make but is well worth it.
The calories are coming from the cranberry sauce, dried cranberries, and rice. Decrease the dried cranberries in the rice (and use unsweetened ones), then serve only 1/3 cup (a usual serving of rice on nutritional exchanges). One-third cup of the sauce is more than many would want, so cutting back on that to 1/4 of a cup or perhaps 3 Tablespoons, would also help. The 2 Tablespoons of oil could also be reduced greatly by using a non-stick pan with cooking spray and/or a very minimum of oil.
Is there a healthier way to cook this? I'm watching my waistline and cutting back on calories. (Baked?)
Made this several times--easy and love it.
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >
- Rice Recipes >
- Rice Side Dish Recipes >
- Rice Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >