Cranberry Pork Chops Recipe
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup cranberry or apple juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Place pork chops in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, juice, sugar and mustard until smooth; pour over chops. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender. Remove chops; keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir in cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in salt and pepper. Serve with chops. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Cranberry Pork Chops
Sort By :
Used bone-in chicken breasts .Omitted the sugar and used honey mustard instead.
Fantastic over orange rice!
Very tasty and meat super tender! Company loved it! Will definitely repeat!
used boneless chops(marinated in cider vinegar),2 sweet potatoes (sliced in lg. slices-put on bottom of crock, and did not add sugar---it was delicious!!
This is a real keeper!
My husband was skeptical the first time I made this recipe, but it has since become one of our favorites. However, I am not a big fan of slow cookers, so I make this on top of my stove and allow it to simmer for an hour or so before we want dinner and I think it has better flavor from the stove top. I always serve this with garlic/cheesy mashed potatoes and some sort of a veggie - mostly brussel sprouts. LOVE this and have shared with many friends, too!
Excellent flavor. I didn't have chops on hand and used pork riblets. They were so tender and falling apart. I also did not make the gravy. Have had requests for the recipe.