- 1-2/3 cups sweetened applesauce (about 15 ounces)
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes (about 3 large), peeled and cut into 1-inch slices
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- Place applesauce in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Top with sweet potatoes; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper and brown sugar.
- Place pork chops over potatoes; sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Spoon cranberry sauce over pork. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until pork and sweet potatoes are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cranberry Pork & Sweet Potatoes
"A very easy recipe and we love it! The meat just falls off the bone - so you do have to watch for bone fragments if you are using bone-in pork chops. The brown sugar and applesauce candy the sweet potatoes and the cranberries balance out the sweetness. I always have the individual serving containers of applesauce on hand, so I used 4 of those (3.9 oz each). That worked just fine."
"This was really moist and yummy. I would make it again."