Serve dinner from the slow cookermdash;tender pork chops and sweet potatoes flavored with applesauce, cranberry sauce and brown sugar. It’s a wonderful meal for the holiday season.—Doris Branham, Kingston, Tennessee
- 1-2/3 cups sweetened applesauce (about 15 ounces)
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes (about 3 large), peeled and cut into 1-inch slices
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- Place applesauce in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Top with sweet potatoes; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper and brown sugar.
- Place pork chops over potatoes; sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Spoon cranberry sauce over pork. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until pork and sweet potatoes are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Pork & Sweet Potatoes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cranberry Pork & Sweet Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review