Cranberry Popcorn Deluxe Recipe
I created this recipe when I needed a festive treat for the holidays. Everyone finds the combination of popcorn, fruit and nuts irresistible! —Carolyn Sykora, Bloomer, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling YIELD:16 servings
- 8 cups air-popped popcorn
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. In a shallow roasting pan, combine the popcorn, cranberries, almonds and pecans.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the honey, butter and syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Drizzle over popcorn mixture and toss to coat.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Cool on a wire rack, stirring occasionally. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 8 cups.
1/2 cup equals 96 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 16 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC