Cranberry Popcorn Deluxe
I created this recipe when I needed a festive treat for the holidays. Everyone finds the combination of popcorn, fruit and nuts irresistible! —Carolyn Sykora, Bloomer, Wisconsin
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 8 cups air-popped popcorn
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Pecan Halves
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- In a shallow roasting pan, combine the popcorn, cranberries, almonds
- and pecans.
- In a small saucepan, combine the honey, butter and syrup. Cook and
- stir over medium heat until butter is melted. Remove from the heat;
- stir in extract. Drizzle over popcorn mixture and toss to coat.
- Bake at 325° for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Cool on a
- wire rack, stirring occasionally. Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: 8 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 96 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 16 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.