I created this recipe when I needed a festive treat for the holidays. Everyone finds the combination of popcorn, fruit and nuts irresistible! —Carolyn Sykora, Bloomer, Wisconsin
- 8 cups air-popped popcorn
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- In a shallow roasting pan, combine the popcorn, cranberries, almonds and pecans.
- In a small saucepan, combine the honey, butter and syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Drizzle over popcorn mixture and toss to coat.
- Bake at 325° for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Cool on a wire rack, stirring occasionally. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 8 cups.
Originally published as Cranberry Popcorn Deluxe in Healthy Cooking February/March 2009, p19
Reviews for Cranberry Popcorn Deluxe
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review