Cranberry Popcorn Bars Recipe
Between work and home, I eat popcorn every day. Our company makes old-fashioned stovetop poppers. We're in the heart of popcorn country and are always trying new popcorn varieties and seasonings. These snack bars are crisp and tangy.—Wabash Valley Farms, Steve Dold, Monon, Indiana
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place popcorn in a large bowl; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, cook and stir marshmallows and butter over low heat until smooth. Stir in the cranberries, walnuts, orange peel and salt.
- 2. Pour over popcorn and toss to coat. Press into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. pan. Cool. Cut into bars with a serrated knife. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 170 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC