Cranberry Popcorn Bars Recipe
Between work and home, I eat popcorn every day. Our company makes old-fashioned stovetop poppers. We're in the heart of popcorn country and are always trying new popcorn varieties and seasonings. These snack bars are crisp and tangy.—Wabash Valley Farms, Steve Dold, Monon, Indiana
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place popcorn in a large bowl; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, cook and stir marshmallows and butter over low heat until smooth. Stir in the cranberries, walnuts, orange peel and salt.
- Pour over popcorn and toss to coat. Press into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. pan. Cool. Cut into bars with a serrated knife. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Cranberry Popcorn Bars in Taste of Home December/January 2000, p45
Reviews for Cranberry Popcorn Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2012
My 3 yr old son helped me make these, and we all really like them. The salty, sweet, tangy combination of flavors is great.
Reviewed May. 29, 2009
My family loves these and they are so easy. We like taking them on camping trips