Cranberry Pomegranate Relish Recipe
This tart relish combines a powerhouse of nutrients with cranberries and pomegranate. It captures the flavor of the holiday season and adds a beautiful ruby-red color to any meal. —Arlene Rakoczy, Gilbert, Arizona
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling YIELD:6 servings
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar and water. Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 15 minutes.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in remaining ingredients. Transfer to a small bowl. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup equals 94 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC