Friends who own a cranberry bog treated us to freshly harvested cranberries. They were so pretty and tasty that I was determined to use them for something besides plain cranberry relish. I started out with a basic cranberry/orange relish and worked with it until I came up with this recipe. I've found that even folks who don't particularly care for plain cranberries seem to "relish" this side dish.
- 4 cups (1 pound) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 4 oranges, peeled, sectioned and seeded
- 2 cups sugar (add less for tart taste)
- 1 apple, unpeeled, cut up
- 1/2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) undrained crushed pineapple
- Chop cranberries in a food processor, then add oranges and chop. Add remaining ingredients; pulse for several seconds to blend. Chill several hours before serving. Yield: 7-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Cranberry Plus Relish in Country October/November 1989, p47
Reviews for Cranberry Plus Relish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review