These cranberry-studded truffles are rich, creamy and encrusted with pistachios. They’re a favorite indulgence at Christmastime.
32 ServingsPrep: 35 min. + chilling
- 10 ounces 53% cacao dark baking chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shelled pistachios
- Place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cranberry
- sauce and cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until
- smooth. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Cover and
- refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm enough to shape.
- Combine confectioner's sugar and cocoa. Shape truffle mixture into
- 1-in. balls. Roll in cocoa mixture, then in pistachios. Store in an
- airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 truffle equals 72 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.