These cranberry-studded truffles are rich, creamy and encrusted with pistachios. They’re a favorite indulgence at Christmastime.
- 10 ounces 53% cacao dark baking chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shelled pistachios
- Place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cranberry sauce and cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm enough to shape.
- Combine confectioner's sugar and cocoa. Shape truffle mixture into 1-in. balls. Roll in cocoa mixture, then in pistachios. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cranberry-Pistachio Truffles in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2012, p67
Reviews for Cranberry-Pistachio Truffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review