Cranberry-Pistachio Thumbprint Cookies
For years, I made Swedish thumbprint cookies with raspberry jam and walnuts. Now at Christmas, I use pistachios and cranberries for holiday color. —Dion Frischer, Ann Arbor, MI
36 ServingsPrep: 40 min.+ chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons finely chopped pistachios, divided
- 2/3 cup white baking chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 36 dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugars
- until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and orange peel. Gradually
- beat in flour. Stir in cranberries and 3/4 cup pistachios.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking
- sheets. Press a deep indentation in center of each with the end of a
- wooden spoon handle.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from pans to
- wire racks to cool completely.