Cranberry-Pistachio Thumbprint Cookies Recipe
For years, I made Swedish thumbprint cookies with raspberry jam and walnuts. Now at Christmas, I use pistachios and cranberries for holiday color. —Dion Frischer, Ann Arbor, MI
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons finely chopped pistachios, divided
- 2/3 cup white baking chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 36 dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and orange peel. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in cranberries and 3/4 cup pistachios.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Press a deep indentation in center of each with the end of a wooden spoon handle.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, place baking chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over baking chips; stir with a whisk until smooth. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate, covered, until thickened.
- Spoon ganache into cookies; sprinkle with remaining pistachios. Top each with a cranberry. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Cranberry-Pistachio Thumbprint Cookies in Simple & Delicious December/January 2014, p2-6
Reviews for Cranberry-Pistachio Thumbprint Cookies(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cranberry Cookies >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pistachio Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Simple Desserts >
- Simple Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Baking Recipes >