Cranberry-Pistachio Sticky Buns Recipe
- 1 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 24 frozen bread dough dinner rolls, thawed
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 package (4.6 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1. Sprinkle pistachios, cranberries and cinnamon in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Arrange rolls in a single layer on top.
- 2. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Remove from the heat; stir in the brown sugar, pudding mix, milk and extract until smooth. Pour over dough. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. (Cover loosely with foil if top browns too quickly.) Cool 1 minute before inverting onto a serving platter. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 sticky bun: 225 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 283mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Cranberry-Pistachio Sticky Buns
"Really easy to make and very good to eat. A very nice fall breakfast treat. The only minor downside is shelling the pistachios, could only find shelled ones."