Cranberry-Pistachio Sticky Buns Recipe
Looking for a fantastic brunch item? Then try these ooey-gooey good sticky buns. They use frozen yeast roll dough and couldn't be simpler to make. The buns rise overnight in the refrigerator, so you just need to bake them the next morning.—Athena Russell, Florence, South Carolina
- 1 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 24 frozen bread dough dinner rolls, thawed
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 package (4.6 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1. Sprinkle pistachios, cranberries and cinnamon in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Arrange rolls in a single layer on top.
- 2. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Remove from the heat; stir in the brown sugar, pudding mix, milk and extract until smooth. Pour over dough. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. (Cover loosely with foil if top browns too quickly.) Cool 1 minute before inverting onto a serving platter. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 sticky bun equals 225 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 283 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC