Cranberry-Pistachio Sticky Buns Recipe
Looking for a fantastic brunch item? Then try these ooey-gooey good sticky buns. They use frozen yeast roll dough and couldn't be simpler to make. The buns rise overnight in the refrigerator, so you just need to bake them the next morning.Athena Russell, Florence, South Carolina
- 1 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 24 frozen bread dough dinner rolls, thawed
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 package (4.6 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- Sprinkle the pistachios, cranberries and cinnamon in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange rolls in a single layer on top.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Remove from the heat; stir in the brown sugar, pudding mix, milk and extract until smooth. Pour over dough. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. (Cover loosely with foil if top browns too quickly.) Cool for 1 minute before inverting onto a serving platter. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Cranberry-Pistachio Sticky Buns in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p102
Reviews for Cranberry-Pistachio Sticky Buns(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 3, 2013
Really easy to make and very good to eat. A very nice fall breakfast treat. The only minor downside is shelling the pistachios, could only find shelled ones.