Cranberry Pistachio Ice Cream Cake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups crushed chocolate cream-filled cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 6 cups vanilla ice cream, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios, divided
- 1. In a small bowl, combine crushed cookies and butter; press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the cranberries, corn syrup, sugar and water. Bring to a boil; cook over medium heat until the berries pop, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a blender; cover and process until smooth. Pour into a large bowl. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until cooled, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Remove crust from freezer. Spread with half of the ice cream. Set aside 1/4 cup cranberry puree. Pour remaining puree over ice cream. Set aside 1 tablespoon nuts; sprinkle remaining nuts over puree. Freeze for 30 minutes or until firm.
- 4. Layer with remaining ice cream, puree and nuts. Cover with plastic wrap; freeze for 6 hours or until firm. Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 352 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 225 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.