Cranberry-Pistachio Cookie Cups Recipe
If you're looking for something special to add to your holiday dessert tray, try these little shortbread-like cups. They're easy to make and have a delightful fruit-and-nut center.—Betty B. Claycomb, Alverton, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 45 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup pistachios, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese, sugar and orange peel until light and fluffy. Add flour; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the egg, confectioners' sugar and butter. Stir in pistachios and cranberries. Shape dough into 24 balls. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of ungreased miniature muffin cups. Spoon filling into cups.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until set. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 116 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC