If you're looking for something special to add to your holiday dessert tray, try these little shortbread-like cups. They're easy to make and have a delightful fruit-and-nut center.—Betty B. Claycomb, Alverton, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 42 Easy Desserts That Keep Life Simple and Sweet
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup pistachios, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese, sugar and orange peel until light and fluffy. Add flour; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, confectioners' sugar and butter. Stir in pistachios and cranberries. Shape dough into 24 balls. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of ungreased miniature muffin cups. Spoon filling into cups.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until set. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Cranberry-Pistachio Cookie Cups in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p64
Reviews for Cranberry-Pistachio Cookie Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review