Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti Recipe
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons coarse sugar
- 1. Place cranberries in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pistachios and cranberries with liquid.
- 3. Divide dough into three portions. On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, shape each portion into a 12-in. x 1-1/2-in. rectangle. Brush egg over rectangles and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool for 15 minutes.
- 4. Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 6-8 minutes on each side or until edges are browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 93 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 74mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 0 fat.
Reviews for Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti
"Light and crunchy but rather tasteless. Would not make again"
"Directions direct to cover cranberries with water for 5 min. then drain. Later we're told to add the cranberries with liquid. Which is correct?"