Cranberry Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Recipe
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (20 ounces) sliced pineapple, drained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and butter; spread onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Top with pineapple slices. Place a whole cranberry in the center of each pineapple; sprinkle remaining cranberries around pineapple.
- For cake, in a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and allspice; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Fold in cranberries; spoon over pineapple.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; invert onto a serving plate. Serve warm; if desired, top with whipped cream. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry Pineapple Upside-Down Cake(2)
Sort By :
Delicious! I love a cake with sour cream in the batter! In the cake portion, to cut back on the amount of butter...I did substitute 1/2 cup of applesauce for 1/2 of the butter. I didn't have allspice, so I used 1/2 t of cloves, and 1/2 t of ginger in it's place.
A great recipe to add to your list of holiday desserts!!!!! Thanks for sharing!
Delicious! Wonderful flavor! I don't think that you need to go to the trouble of halving the cranberries for the cake. Next time, I'll try adding pecans to the topping for a bit of crunch.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Baking Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Cranberry Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Desserts >