Cranberry Pineapple Salad
A refreshing salad or side dish, this recipe impresses family and guests with its striking rosy color. It's a delightfully different alternative to traditional cranberry sauce-the nuts add a tasty crunch.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- 1-3/4 cups boiling water
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Lettuce leaves
- Miracle Whip
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Break up and stir in
- cranberry sauce. Add pineapple, orange juice and lemon juice. Chill
- until partially set. Stir in nuts. Pour into an 11-in. x 7-in. dish.
- Chill until firm. Cut into squares; serve each on a lettuce leaf and
- top with a dollop of Miracle Whip. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 224 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.