Cranberry-Pineapple Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 can (6 ounces) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1. In a large skillet, cook pork in oil for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reaches 160°. Meanwhile, drain pineapple, reserving juice and 3/4 cup pineapple (save remaining pineapple for another use).
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in pineapple juice and reserved juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the butter, cranberries and reserved pineapple. Serve with pork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 3/4 cup sauce equals 536 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 97 mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.