Cranberry-Pine Nut Shortbread
This rich, buttery shortbread is all dressed up with toasted nuts and dried cranberries. You’ll need just five ingredients and 10 minutes to whip up the dough and pop it in the oven. —Joyce Gemperlein, Rockville, Maryland
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, confectioners' sugar, pine nuts
- and cranberries. Gradually add flour; mix well (dough will be
- Press dough into an ungreased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at
- 350° for 18-20 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 5
- minutes; cut into squares. Continue to cool to room temperature.
- Store in an airtight container. Yield: 16 cookies.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 111 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.