Cranberry-Pine Nut Shortbread Recipe
This rich, buttery shortbread is all dressed up with toasted nuts and dried cranberries. You’ll need just five ingredients and 10 minutes to whip up the dough and pop it in the oven. —Joyce Gemperlein, Rockville, Maryland
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the butter, confectioners' sugar, pine nuts and cranberries. Gradually add flour; mix well (dough will be stiff).
- 2. Press dough into an ungreased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 5 minutes; cut into squares. Continue to cool to room temperature. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 16 cookies.
1 each: 111 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cranberry-Pine Nut Shortbread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC