Cranberry Phyllo Triangles Recipe
It's hard to eat just one of these crispy cranberry-filled triangles. It you prefer, make the chocolate version instead.Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon shredded orange peel
- 20 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar, raisins, pecans, honey and orange peel; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain and discard any juice. Cool to room temperature.
- Lightly brush one sheet of phyllo with butter; place another sheet of phyllo on top and brush with butter. Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent drying. Cut the two layered sheets into three 14-in. x 3-in. strips. Place a teaspoon of cranberry filling in lower corner on each strip. Fold dough over filling, forming a triangle. Fold triangle up, then fold triangle over, forming another triangle. Continue folding, like a flag, until you come to the end of the strip. Brush end of dough with butter and press onto triangle to seal. Turn triangle and brush top with melted butter. Repeat with remaining strips of dough and remaining sheets of phyllo.
- Place triangles on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 30 triangles.
Originally published as Cranberry Phyllo Triangles in Complete Guide to Baking 2004, p204
Reviews for Cranberry Phyllo Triangles(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2010
These are wonderful. I think they are a bit time consuming, but well worth the effort. At leasr, according to my neighbors and hubby. I'd lost my recipe and looked all day on the computer. Well worth the time and effort.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >
- Greek Desserts >
- Greek Recipes >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >