Cranberry Persimmon Cookies Recipe
During the holidays, I bake double batch after double batch of these moist drop cookies. Dotted with dried cranberries and pecans, the cake-like treats never last long.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:48 servings
- 1 cup mashed ripe persimmon pulp
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 1. Place persimmon pulp in a food processor; cover and process until smooth.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and persimmon. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and cloves; stir into persimmon mixture. Stir in pecans and cranberries.
- 3. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC