I love to experiment with different grains, and wanted to give wheat berries a try. My whole family goes nuts for this salad, especially my mom. —Kristen Heigl, Staten Island, NY
Recommended: 33 Bright Winter Salads
- 1 cup uncooked wheat berries, rinsed
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium tart apple, diced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage or 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook wheat berries according to package directions; drain and cool. Meanwhile, combine next five ingredients; add wheat berries. Whisk together dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry-Pecan Wheat Berry Salad in Taste of Home February/March 2017
Reviews for Cranberry-Pecan Wheat Berry Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 1, 2017
"Excellent. I toasted the pecans but other than that followed the recipe. I prepared the salad while the grain cooked, let the flavours blend. I will make this again and again. Janet. VFE"