Cranberry Pecan Tassies
A traditional pecan tassie is a small tart with nuts. This holiday version adds cranberries. How festive! —Peggy West, Georgetown, DE
24 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- In a small bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until blended;
- gradually beat in flour. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes or until
- firm enough to shape.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place in
- greased mini-muffin cups. Press evenly onto bottoms and up sides of
- In a small bowl, beat egg, brown sugar, melted butter and orange peel
- until blended. Stir in pecans. Spoon 1-1/2 teaspoons filling into
- each cup; top with cranberries.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is set. Cool
- in pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.