Cranberry Pecan Tassies Recipe
A traditional pecan tassie is a small tart with nuts. This holiday version adds cranberries. How festive! —Peggy West, Georgetown, Delaware
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1. In a small bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth; gradually beat in flour. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes or until firm enough to shape.
- 2. Preheat oven to 325°. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place in greased mini-muffin cups. Press evenly onto bottoms and up sides of cups.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat egg, brown sugar, melted butter and orange peel until blended. Stir in pecans. Spoon 1-1/2 teaspoons filling into each cup; top with cranberries.
- 4. Bake 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is set. Cool in pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC