Cranberry Pecan Tassies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1. In a small bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth; gradually beat in flour. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes or until firm enough to shape.
- 2. Preheat oven to 325°. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place in greased mini-muffin cups. Press evenly onto bottoms and up sides of cups.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat egg, brown sugar, melted butter and orange peel until blended. Stir in pecans. Spoon 1-1/2 teaspoons filling into each cup; top with cranberries.
Bake 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is set. Cool in pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Freeze option: Freeze cookies, layered between waxed paper, in freezer containers. To use, thaw before serving. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Cranberry Pecan Tassies
"Easy to make and very refreshing with the cranberry and bit of orange. took them to work and everyone loved them."
"These are really delicious. I made them ahead for give-away Christmas treats and froze them. It worked out really well. My husband loves them and everyone I shared them with did too. This is definitely a keeper/repeat recipe. Can't wait to make them again."