Cranberry Pecan Tarts Recipe
This recipe was passed on to me as an alternative to traditional pecan pie. The cranberries inspire me to make this tart at Thanksgiving, but it gets rave reviews all year long.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup white baking chips
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. Cut pastry sheet in half and roll each half into a 7-in. circle. Transfer pastry to two ungreased 4-in. fluted tart pans with removable bottoms. Trim pastry even with edges.
- 2. Layer the cranberries, vanilla chips and pecans in each pastry. In a small bowl, beat the egg, brown sugar, corn syrup, flour and peel until smooth; pour over tops. Place pans on a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Cover with foil; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling near center is set. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 903 calories, 47 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 131 mg cholesterol, 496 mg sodium, 113 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC