Cranberry Pecan Tarts Recipe
This recipe was passed on to me as an alternative to traditional pecan pie. The cranberries inspire me to make this tart at Thanksgiving, but it gets rave reviews all year long.
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup white baking chips
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. Cut pastry sheet in half and roll each half into a 7-in. circle. Transfer pastry to two ungreased 4-in. fluted tart pans with removable bottoms. Trim pastry even with edges.
- 2. Layer the cranberries, vanilla chips and pecans in each pastry. In a small bowl, beat the egg, brown sugar, corn syrup, flour and peel until smooth; pour over tops. Place pans on a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Cover with foil; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling near center is set. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 903 calories, 47g fat (18g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 496mg sodium, 113g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Pecan Tarts
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC