- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup white baking chips
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Whipped cream, optional
- Cut pastry sheet in half and roll each half into a 7-in. circle. Transfer pastry to two ungreased 4-in. fluted tart pans with removable bottoms. Trim pastry even with edges.
- Layer the cranberries, vanilla chips and pecans in each pastry. In a small bowl, beat the egg, brown sugar, corn syrup, flour and peel until smooth; pour over tops. Place pans on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Cover with foil; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling near center is set. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Pecan Tarts in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p287
Reviews for Cranberry Pecan Tarts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review