Cranberry Pecan Tarts Recipe
This recipe was passed on to me as an alternative to traditional pecan pie. The cranberries inspire me to make this tart at Thanksgiving, but it gets rave reviews all year long.
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup white baking chips
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Whipped cream, optional
- Cut pastry sheet in half and roll each half into a 7-in. circle. Transfer pastry to two ungreased 4-in. fluted tart pans with removable bottoms. Trim pastry even with edges.
- Layer the cranberries, vanilla chips and pecans in each pastry. In a small bowl, beat the egg, brown sugar, corn syrup, flour and peel until smooth; pour over tops. Place pans on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Cover with foil; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling near center is set. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Pecan Tarts in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p287
Reviews for Cranberry Pecan Tarts(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review