Cranberry Pecan Stuffing Recipe
"I love stuffing, but my family wasn't that fond of it - that is, until I found this recipe. I added a few extras and now they gobble it up. I think the cranberries give it that something special." - Robin Lang, Muskegon, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD:13 servings
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 6 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 to 1 cup chicken broth
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring orange juice and cranberries to a boil. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a large bowl.
- 2. In the same skillet, melt butter. Add celery and onion; saute until tender. Stir in poultry seasoning.
- 3. Add to sausage mixture. Stir in the stuffing cubes, orange juice mixture, apple, pecans, salt, pepper and enough broth to reach desired moistness.
- 4. Transfer to a greased 13-in.x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Yield: 13 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup equals 219 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 532 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC