Cranberry Pecan Stuffing Recipe
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 6 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 to 1 cup chicken broth
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring orange juice and cranberries to a boil. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a large bowl.
- 2. In the same skillet, melt butter. Add celery and onion; saute until tender. Stir in poultry seasoning.
- 3. Add to sausage mixture. Stir in the stuffing cubes, orange juice mixture, apple, pecans, salt, pepper and enough broth to reach desired moistness.
- 4. Transfer to a greased 13-in.x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Yield: 13 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup: 219 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 532mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Pecan Stuffing
"I have been making this stuffing for the last 4 years and the family loves it. Moist, great flavor."
"Fixed a roast pork, butternut squash and this stuffing. Invited friends and everyone went nuts over it. Even my fussy eater loved this recipe. Thank you."
"We liked this stuffing. I adjusted the seasonings slightly to suit our taste. Another Taste of Home recipe suggested cooking in a crock pot, 3-4 hours on low. That works well for this recipe, too. My second batch is cooking right now!"
"Our family isn't a big fan of stuffing either, but this recipe rocks! The cranberries, pecans, sausage and apples combined to give the stuffing a little extra zip. If you're looking for comfort food, this stuffing is it."
"I didn't add the pecans because myself nor my family like nuts but even so, no one liked this stuffing, other than my one year old but she'll eat anything. My husband wouldn't even take a second bite, he is just not fond of sweet stuffing and prefers the savory instead. I will NOT be making this again and am still on the look out for a stuffing recipe that will wow everyone."
"So flavorful and delicious! It is worth the time to make it!"
"So good! We didn't have poultry seasoning, so used 1/2 tsp rosemary & 1/2 tsp marjoram.~ Theresa"
"This was very very good. Love it"
"made this the other night and it was amazing! Will be making again."
"Great recipe but you have the picture for Cranberry Apple Chutney with the recipe."
"Very yummy! I halved the recipe and it turned out great. We baked Rock Cornish Game Hens on top of it."