Cranberry Pecan Spinach Salad
I came across this recipe one year when I was looking for a special salad for the holidays. Deb Murata, Carmichael, California
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 cups packed torn fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, cranberries, onion, pecans and
- blue cheese. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, garlic, salt
- and pepper until blended. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.