I came across this recipe one year when I was looking for a special salad for the holidays. —Deb Murata, Carmichael, California
- 4 cups packed torn fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, cranberries, onion, pecans and blue cheese. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper until blended. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Spinach Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p147
Reviews for Cranberry Pecan Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 12, 2010
"this salad is great...I have to make it for all holidays and get togethers..."