Cranberry Pecan Scones Recipe
Cranberries adds festive color and fun flavor to baked goods and other dishes. These scones are a favorite treat for breakfast or a snack.—Sandy Ferrario, Ione, California
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, beat the eggs, orange juice, vanilla and orange peel. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and pecans.
- 2. Pat dough into a 6-1/2-in. circle on a greased baking sheet. Combine egg white and water; brush over dough. Cut into eight wedges (do not separate).
- 3. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
One scone equals 323 calories; 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 409 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC