Cranberry Pecan Scones Recipe
Cranberries adds festive color and fun flavor to baked goods and other dishes. These scones are a favorite treat for breakfast or a snack.Sandy Ferrario, Ione, California
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, beat the eggs, orange juice, vanilla and orange peel. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and pecans.
- Pat dough into a 6-1/2-in. circle on a greased baking sheet. Combine egg white and water; brush over dough. Cut into eight wedges (do not separate).
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Pecan Scones in Light & Tasty December/January 2004, p15
Reviews for Cranberry Pecan Scones(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 1, 2009
These scones were very pretty served with a dusting of confectioners sugar. The texture was a bit too dry and crumbly.
More Recipe Collections
- Bread Recipes >
- Cranberry Bread Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >