Cranberry Pecan Sandies Recipe
- 1 package (15.6 ounces) cranberry-orange quick bread mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 30 to 36 pecan halves
- ORANGE GLAZE:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons orange juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the bread mix, butter, egg and orange juice. Stir in chopped pecans. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with the bottom of a glass coated with cooking spray. Press a pecan half into center of each cookie.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. In a small bowl, whisk confectioners' sugar and enough orange juice to achieve desired consistency. Yield: 2-1/2 to 3 dozen.
1 each: 129 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Pecan Sandies
"I love that these are easy, and they look beautiful. I wasn't wowed by the flavor though. They were a little plain."
"These are absolutely delicious!! Great for cookie swap or anytime!"
"I've made these simple, tasty cookies for the last 3 years, everyone that tastes them falls in love. Try this recipe, you'll be glad that you did!"
"These are one of my regular 'must make' holiday cookies. Delicious."
"To llee2, a constructive criticism is good, yours was too much and rude"
"I made this exactly as stated and used Pillsbury brand quick bread. They absolutely do not need 1/2 cup of butter. Even mixing the batter you can see it is too much. These have a good taste except for overly greasy. 1/4 cup of butter would be perfect and not affect the quality or flavor. I threw out the 2nd half of the dough b/c I felt like I was serving my husband a heart attack on a plate."
"My favorite flavor combination is cranberry and orange so I had to make these cookies. Now that I've tried them they are probably my favorite cookie ever!! They are awesome.I have made them a few times and I have taken them to work. everyone loved them and I had to pass out the recipe. You have to make them! I used a krusteaz muffin mix because my grocery store didn't have the quick bread mix."
"I made these the first time and won a cookie contest at work , They are great for something really different THANKS ,Teresa"
"These cookies are awesome. Wonderful blend of flavors & very pretty when finished."