- 1 package (15.6 ounces) cranberry-orange quick bread mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 30 to 36 Diamond of California Pecan Halves
- ORANGE GLAZE:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons orange juice
- In a large bowl, combine the bread mix, butter, egg and orange juice. Stir in chopped pecans. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with the bottom of a glass coated with cooking spray. Press a pecan half into center of each cookie.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. In a small bowl, whisk confectioners' sugar and enough orange juice to achieve desired consistency. Yield: 2-1/2 to 3 dozen.
Originally published as Cranberry Pecan Sandies in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p50
Reviews for Cranberry Pecan Sandies(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 2, 2012
I've made these simple, tasty cookies for the last 3 years, everyone that tastes them falls in love. Try this recipe, you'll be glad that you did!
Reviewed Dec. 3, 2011
These are one of my regular 'must make' holiday cookies. Delicious.
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cranberry Cookies >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Simple Desserts >