Cranberry Pecan Salad Recipe
We harvest close to 500,000 pounds of pecans on our land here in West Texas. So, of course, I use pecans in many recipes. This tasty, colorful salad is great for holiday gatherings.—Janice Rogers, Odessa, Texas
- 3 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped celery
- 2 oranges, peeled, sectioned and diced
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Dash salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cranberries, celery, oranges, pineapple with liquid, orange peel, sugar, lemon juice and salt. Chill until partially set. Stir in pecans. Pour into 8-cup mold. Chill until firm. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 132 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 32 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC