Cranberry-Pecan Quick Bread Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine first nine ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, orange juice, butter and applesauce. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and pecans.
- 2. Transfer to two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
1 slice equals 135 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 137 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cranberry-Pecan Quick Bread
"Quick and easy and full of nutrition."
"I loved this recipe! It is delicious and healthy. Even my not so health conscious family loved it at the holidays. I made it with Splenda both times. The second time I didn't have any ground almonds or pecans. I used my blender to grind almonds and added a little extra, skipped the pecans, and added a touch more OJ. It came out delicious!"