Cranberry-Pecan Quick Bread Recipe
With whole wheat flour, flaxseed, oats, cranberries and pecans, a slice of this quick bread is a satisfying start to your day.—Wendy Marotta, Wilson, New York
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine first nine ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, orange juice, butter and applesauce. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and pecans.
- 2. Transfer to two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
1 slice equals 135 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 137 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC