Cranberry-Pecan Quick Bread Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine first nine ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, orange juice, butter and applesauce. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and pecans.
- 2. Transfer to two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
1 slice: 135 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 137mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cranberry-Pecan Quick Bread
"I loved this recipe! It is delicious and healthy. Even my not so health conscious family loved it at the holidays. I made it with Splenda both times. The second time I didn't have any ground almonds or pecans. I used my blender to grind almonds and added a little extra, skipped the pecans, and added a touch more OJ. It came out delicious!"