With whole wheat flour, flaxseed, oats, cranberries and pecans, a slice of this quick bread is a satisfying start to your day.—Wendy Marotta, Wilson, New York
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine first nine ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, orange juice, butter and applesauce. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and pecans.
- Transfer to two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Originally published as Cranberry-Pecan Quick Bread in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p90
Reviews for Cranberry-Pecan Quick Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review