Cranberry-Pecan Pound Cake Recipe
With crunchy pecans and sweet-tart cranberries, this pound cake is a seasonal delight. Try it not only after dinner, but also for breakfast or brunch. —Lisa Varner, Greenville, South Carolina
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and orange peel; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Fold in cranberries and pecans.
- 2. Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 459 calories, 27 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 131 mg cholesterol, 386 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC