Cranberry Pecan Pie Recipe
- 6 tablespoons shortening
- 1-1/2 teaspoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a small bowl, cream shortening and buttermilk until smooth. Gradually add water, beating until light and fluffy. Beat in flour and salt. Wrap pastry in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- 2. Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter and vanilla until blended. Stir in cranberries and pecans. Pour into crust.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 35-40 minutes longer or until filling is almost set. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate overnight before slicing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 514 calories, 27g fat (7g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 280mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Cranberry Pecan Pie
"Very sweet. But good"
"I thought this sounded mighty good and I was right! It was a hit with the family at Easter. I asked everyone to rate it and they all gave it the highest. I used light corn syrup but I want to try dark next time. I would probably put more pecans in it. I also thawed fresh cranberries that I had frozen previously. They worked great. I whipped fresh cream and put it on the top. You can't lose with that!"
"This is my favorite recipe for pecan pie! I like dark corn syrup, but light would be fine too"
"Can I please just ask....did people use light or dark corn syrup?Adding a 5 star rating because it sounds divine."
"What a great balance of sweet and tart with the cranberries. Definitely will be a keeper recipe."
"In my tiny apartment with time at a premium, I had to use pre-made pie dough, which is disappointing because the recipe looks interesting. Even so, I got raves & requests for more at Thanksgiving. The cranberries really tone down the cloying sweetness of a traditional pecan pie. I came back to the recipe now because I'm going to use it as the topping for bar cookies this Chirstmas."
"I love, love, love this pie. Couple of times it did not "set up" and I don't know why. But the last few attempts have turned out wonderful. It is delicious and I could eat the whole thing if I could handle the guilt."
"Have make several times. Is always the first to be eaten."
"This pie was delicious. Everyone who eats pecan pie seems to enjoy this one. The cranberries balance the richness of this super sweet holiday tradition."
"This is an excellent pie. I make this every year at Thanksgiving and it always turns out beautiful and delicious. Yum!!"
"Great recipe, just trying to adjust for high altitude is a bit of a problem, it never seems to set completely. Any suggestions?!?"
"I made this for halloween. It has a wonderful tangy/sweet combination. I used a pie crust guard the whole time I baked it. I will definitely make it again!"
"Excellent! a big hit at Thanksgiving."
"I have yet to find a bad recipe in your magazines. Most use ingredients we have in the kitchen. Thank you."
"This beautiful pie has won me 1st place 2 years in a row at an outstanding resturant in our area.It was a baking contest. It is great!!!!"