Cranberry Pecan Pie Recipe
I first prepared this pie at Thanksgiving to share with my co-workers. It was such a success! Now I freeze cranberries while they are in season so that I can make it year-round. -Dawn Liet Hartman Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 45 min. + cooling YIELD:6-8 servings
- 6 tablespoons shortening
- 1-1/2 teaspoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a small bowl, cream shortening and buttermilk until smooth. Gradually add water, beating until light and fluffy. Beat in flour and salt. Wrap pastry in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- 2. Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter and vanilla until blended. Stir in cranberries and pecans. Pour into crust.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 35-40 minutes longer or until filling is almost set. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate overnight before slicing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 514 calories, 27 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 280 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC